Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

My children's father hasn't seen them since February 2013. He then moved to Florida without letting his children know. He didn't contact them the whole time he was in Florida nor did he call them on their birthdays. Now that he is back in the same state as us he has tried to take me to court twice to lower his child support and obtain more parenting time but failed to show both times. He is now taking me to court for a third time and is asking for them to sleep over where he is living every weekend. He is living with his mother and her boyfriend in a one bedroom apartment. I'm just wondering if a judge would grant his sleepovers every weekend if my children wouldn't have their own beds to sleep in. And if a judge would grant him every weekend leaving no time for me to do things with them?

Asked on 9/22/13, 10:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

You can never tell for sure what a judge might do in any given scenario. However, it appears to me that the facts favor your position. If presented to the Court properly, the father's parenting time should be limited at this point. This is always subject to substantial change of circumstance.

Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. You will only be able to rely on advice from an attorney who you have actually retained. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 10:37 am

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

I have an office in Toms River. Call me anytime at 732/773/2768

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey