Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

my divorce was final in june 2011, now my ex's lawyer has sent a threatening letter for me to sign a qdro, she has beeen remarried for almost a year, have they any rights still

Asked on 10/22/12, 3:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

A QDRO is a Qualified Domestic Relations Order and would be required if agreed to in your Property Settlement Agreement (PSA) or ordered by the Judge at your final hearing and the issuance of a Final Judgment of Divorce (FJD). If she is entitled to a portion of your retirement, it is based on one of the above. You should have an attorney review your PSA or your FJD to determine your (and her) rights.

Keep in mind that this answer is given based on the scanty information you have provided. My answer may change based on other information. Further, you cannot rely on this answer since you have not retained me as your attorney. To be sure that you have accurate information and direction, you should consult with an attorney. Good luck. Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 10/22/12, 5:03 pm

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

I would assume that you had an attorney for the divorce and this issue should be addressed with him or her. Otherwise, call me to discuss at 732/773/2768.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/12, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey