Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I got divorced on march 200p.MY ex Husband filed a motion for me to pay 2004 Taxes.It was discussed in fact sheet.Also denied by Other Judge and new Family division Judge.To my surprise,When my Ex Husband filed same motion again Judge ordered me to pay half of IRS TAxes.It was same Judge.He reversed his own order,and previous Judge said that it was BArred from psa and denied it.I found out that i couldn't claim as innocent spouse because he paid $15,000 in full.I was not allowed to go to his office and also I was not allowed to sign any of his buisness checks.Wherase he was signing account where my income was deposited.According to psa wife should be held any family debt,lien etc.

Asked on 3/14/12, 8:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Burnham, Esquire Burnham Law Group, LLC.

I would be happy to follow up with you, but I need some additional information such as when you were divorced, when the last order was entered, etc. You only have twenty (20) days to file a motion for reconsideration or forty-five (45) days to file an appeal of a decision and I cannot tell from your question when the court changed the order or why.

Please email me directly or call my office if you would like to schedule an appointment either in person or by telephone. My contact information is listed in the links below.


You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit should the suggestion be followed with undesirable results.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/12, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey