Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Hi need you expert advice urgently !!!!!

basically from india, married in india, moved to spain registered marriage there, have spanish citizenship full family , have 2 children.

recently since 3 years residing in usa on e visa.

we have had problems in marriage life since beggining, in spain too a lot always my wife used to go away now and then to in laws, they also live in spain, 3 years back she fought and went to in laws house from there she took away kids also to india made them stay there forcefully study there.

thought migrating bieng away from in laws from spain to usa will make situation good, since 3 years they are here with me but on the contrary it has become worse, she is threatning me now a days a lot as before in spain too takes out knife and tries to hurt herself also kids. so now and than keep quiet suffering her abusive language and tortures in whatever manner she can.

asked what exactly do you want, she says my motive to come here was to ruin you, your family and entire future.

how can i get rid of her peacefully in respectful manner and what legal implications she can put on me bieng here, never debate argue with her as am afraid as she says will cut myself hit myself will call police and get you put behind the bars in domestic abuse violence case.

need your guidance


Asked on 11/05/13, 11:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

you are facing a huge problem and you need to protect yourself. if she gets the police to believe you hurt her, you will have serious problems. very serious problems.

please come see me as fast as you can. if you do not come see me, then please, please see another divorce attorney right away.

There is a lot at risk here, and you do not want to lose all of that.

You may even have a much harder time seeing the children. Please do not let her take your children away from you.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/13, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey