Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Medicating a Child

My ex and I have joint legal custody and I have residential custody. It is apparent that our son needs meds for ADD. Our son has been seeing a psychiatrist for over 1 year and this is the determination. The doctor and I would like to try medication but the ex is against it. What are my options to help my son but not get into trouble? My ex will make an issue out of this.

Asked on 7/01/08, 12:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Re: Medicating a Child

This is a garden variety, everyday type divorce question.

You need a good divorce attorney to look over the divorce judgment and the settlement agreement, and give you some advice.

I would be happy to help. Please call my office if you would like my assistance. I can speak to you on the telephone, but it will take more than just a brief telephone call to assist you with these issues.

My contact information can be obtained from the links below, just click on the Attorney Profile link. Let my secretary know you found me through LawGuru. This website, LawGuru, will NOT let me list my phone number in this response.

Disclaimer: Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. You can not rely on the statements made by an attorney given over the internet. The response that you have received is based only on the small amount of information which you have provided. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/08, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey