Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

The non custodial parent lives in a basement apt which only has 1 bedroom and no stove. My 6 year old is forced to sleep on the couch and is fed nothing but junk food when he is there. His fridge only has soda in it and nothing else. Our original court order from when my son was 3 stated that he had visitation every other Sunday from 1-4. Now that my son is older I have trusted him 3 times with overnight visits but I want my son to be comfortable and have good food available for him to eat. This last visit he came home with a bacterial stomach infection from eating something bad. Do I have any legal rights to demand that his apt have a bed for our son to sleep on and healthy food to eat?

Asked on 10/24/12, 5:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

You could also request custody of him if you want. Feel free to call me to discuss at 732/773/2768

Read more
Answered on 10/24/12, 5:36 am

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You could go to court and ask the Judge to prevent this.

call me if you like,

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 10/24/12, 6:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey