Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Parent of primary residence

I am the parent of primary residence for my son Kenneth in New Jersey. Recently his mother and my ex-wife are insisting that I run every move through her before I make a decision. Is it necessary for me to get her approval before I even take my son to the doctor? Or to have him treated if he is ill?

Thank you,

--name removed--Morrissey

Asked on 4/27/04, 10:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Parent of primary residence

You should advise the mother of the general state of your child's health. You should consult with you child's mother before deciding on any treatment which is more than routine, such as surgery. MedicaL attention for minor ailments does not require consultation prior to the medical attention but you should keep the mother advised of such medical attention. Certainly certain situations do not lend themselves to prior consultation.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

800 273 7933

Read more
Answered on 4/27/04, 11:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey