Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I am still paying child support in the state of New Jersey.. My son will be 20 & hasn't been to school since 16 as he got kicked out of every school & program available he is now currently in jail for drug & armed robbery charges ! Where do I start to get him emancipated as I do feel I have done what I needed to do I am a resident of Massachusetts now

Asked on 2/26/14, 4:29 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

I can file the motion to get this terminated. Based on what you have said, this is not a lot of work and not a lot of expense.

Call me and we will get this done.

Every week you wait is another week you pay. Don't wait any more.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 2/26/14, 4:37 pm

I agree with Mr. Davies. What county holds the support order?

Call me to discuss 215-370-2608

Read more
Answered on 2/26/14, 6:20 pm
Barry Kozyra Kozyra & Hartz, LLC

This is the correct approach - we would file a motion and, if there is a basis, seek a refund of payments made.

Call me at 973-403-8344 if you are interested in discussing same.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/14, 7:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey