Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Wife rejects doctors determination to childs health needs refusing to give child

I am seperated currently from my wife, with joint custody for our 2 daughters. Residential custody is with the wife, she lives in P.A. I live in N.J. and we were married in N.J. One of my daughters has been seen twice by a pediatrican and once by a Ear nosie and throat surgeon. Both doctors have determined she has enlarged andinoids, and have prescribed 2 medications to hopefully prevent surgery and help her breathing to be far more effective and prevent air blockage. These doctors did this independent of each other. My wife has not and will not give my daughter the medication, for she claims both doctors are wrong. I give me daughter the medication every weekend and the improvement while good is not as good as it could be, dur in large part to the fact that my wife stops and will not give the medidicine to her. One of these Medicine's is a nasal spray which is a steroid, by such it takes at least 7 to 14 days before it works fully. However, with her stopping the medication every week it never works as it could. What can I do legally ? This is a major health concern as enlarged adinoids can have major health problems. She is not treating my daughter correctly.........What are my legal options to be performed asap ?


Asked on 4/10/05, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Wife rejects doctors determination to childs health needs refusing to give c

You have not stated what you seek. I assume you seek to compel your wife to abide by the doctor's instructions for giving the medication. You will have file a motion with the court which granted custody for an order requiring that your wife give the medication or face the loss of custody.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

800 273 7933

Read more
Answered on 4/10/05, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey