Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New Jersey

I have been in my apartment for 3 years i have two children (two and a six year old) We live on the third floor, the tenents underneath us apparently works nights and are home during the day (they have no children). They have harrased us and complain that we make too much noise during regular hours, they've even called the police on us, i recevied a notice to cease on 11/21//2013. I've explained that I have young children and they are active like normal children during the day. I now am working and have my children in camp and in daycare. I recently had an issue with my door on 8/3/2014, where our door had gotten stuck and we could not get out, i called maintenece but they are not available on saturdays or sundays so my boyfriend, had to bang on the door with a hammer to help me and the children get out, this was around 5pm. I received a letter via ups from a lawyer stating they represented the property owners on August 8th 2014, and that they were evicting us because of noise complaints, the last complaint being 8/3/2014 (the door incident) and we need to leave the premises by september 30th, 2014 they also attached the 11/21/2013 cease notice. These complaint are being made falsely because the cease notice says no noise during the hours of 10pm-9am, my children are in bed by that time. the tenants underneath always bang on our floor when ever my son walks during the day.

I would like to know if they can evict me so quickly with young children for false accusation , my oldest son will be starting school soon and is currently in camp and they are putting me in a tight spot. what can i do?

Asked on 8/12/14, 6:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

please go talk to a lawyer. if you can not afford an attorney, try Legal Services. if you are in zip code 08854, then you are in Piscataway. that is Middlesex County. call Legal Services for Middlesex County: Central Jersey Legal Services

317 George St

New Brunswick, NJ

(732) 249-7600

Read more
Answered on 8/13/14, 7:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New Jersey