Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New Jersey

If I was arrested 7 years ago for underage drinking in NJ and paid my fine can the bar now sue me for damages such as lost income, lost license, fines, ect? I did NOT have a fake ID, as evidenced on the police report, and this was 7 yrs ago minimum as I am now 27 yrs old. The bar is attempting to sue every person arrested for underage drinking to recoupe lost income and paid fines. Thanks for your time!

Asked on 10/25/11, 12:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

My suggestion is that you contact an attorney and look at the statute of limitations.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/11, 12:34 pm
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

That...that is completely crazy. Sorry, that is not the way lawyers usually talk. If that is what they are doing...I do not understand it at all.

I suggest you have a good lawyer look this over, and fight this for you. You do not want to just ignore a lawsuit against you, they may end up with a court judgment against you and enforce it by garnishing your wages or seizing your money or goods.

I can help you with this. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

If you are a long distance away, call me and we will deal with this.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/11, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New Jersey