Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

This is for my brother. He came to the US as a Fulbright scholar in 2012 for a year. In 2013 he moved back to his home country, India for 9 months after which he moved to Germany for 2 years. Now he would like to come back to the US on a J1 visa to be sponsored by Johns Hopkins University. My question is, does he need a J1 waiver? He spent 3 years outside of the US but only 9 of those months were in his home country. So, does that mean he fulfilled the 2 year rule or not? Does he have to apply for a J1 visa waive?

Asked on 2/01/16, 10:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 2/12/16, 11:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey