Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

My current Status is L1 - and I have been working here with my employer for a few years.

I have my H1 approved through another company - who have not yet cancelled it - because I want to join them shortly after I quit my current employer.I understand that my future employer  wants to revoke my H1 now. He says he is liable by just keeping my H1 open. Is it the best possible route that he cancels it and then when I get an opportunity - can it be recaptured?Is it an easy process? I do not want to put my future employer through any pain.

Asked on 10/29/09, 3:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Please keep in mind that IF your H-1B was approved as "change of status" from October 1, 2009, but you keep working for a former L-1 employer, you may find yourself in a situation where you have violated your status and will not be able to change or extende status later.

You should consult your lawyer ASAP.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. This response doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established through payment of a fee. If a follow-up advice on your specific situation and regarding U.S.A. immigration-related issues is requested, we can offer a paid consultation by telephone or email to clients from all States and globally. Please visit our website for more details. Our contact email address is Attorney [@]

Read more
Answered on 11/03/09, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey