Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

I overstayed my b1/b2 visa for 10 years now . i currently worked in the church in new jersey and the church is willing and able to sponsor me, could this be possible?, or are there any alternative in order to lagalize my immigration status?

Asked on 1/07/11, 1:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

There are a few very limited circumstances when a person who has been living illegally in the USA as an "overstay" can obtain a green card/permanent residency. Petition by the church, usually, is not an option, unless you are considered "grandfathered" under an older immigration law.

To know all your possible options, I suggest, you schedule a consultation with a good immigration attorney.

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney and I will send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 1/14/11, 4:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey