Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

My question is about Immigration

Lets per say a mother came to America in the year 2000, 1 year later she brings her 2 daughters who happen to be 4 and 7 of age to the U.S. Quick tip the mother came to America with a visitors visa and also the daughters. The mother later on has 3 children that happen to be born in the U.S, will she be able to get residency for her self and for her children, if so How?

Asked on 1/09/11, 4:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

When her US citizen children are 21 or older, they can petition for their mother's residency. There could be some other options available to siblings and the mother which should be discussed with an immigration attorney in private. You didn't provide enough information in your post.

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney and I will send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 1/14/11, 5:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey