Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

We are a truck and auto parts company based out of new jersey. I would like to petition an employee we have. he is the manager of the company.. he`s been living illegally in the country since he was 5 years old, he has no criminal record and never did anything unlawful. our company has been open for three years and gross annual sales are $500,000. we were wondering if we can apply for petition under the I-140 or if anything else can be done. thank you...

Asked on 1/05/11, 8:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

First, you may file a labor certification for your employee. Once the labor certification is approved, you may proceed with the I-140 filing. However, if your employee does not have 245 (i) protection, he cannot file green card application in the US. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney.

You may visit our website at Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/11, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey