Legal Question in Employment Law in New Jersey

Hi, I am currently working for a company which made me sign non-solicitation and non-compete agreement in 2015 as part of my offer letter. I am now offered full time position with my company's client and not sure what to do. I have no future, no career and don't get paid much in my current company. I would like to join my client who is offering full time position. Any advice you can provide will be great.

Thanks and Regards,

Priyanka Pakki

Asked on 3/16/20, 7:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Hi Priyanka,

The good news is that, generally speaking, non-compete agreements are somewhat difficult to enforce because as a matter of public policy states prefer employed people, and courts and legislatures have limited the applicability of non-compete provisions. As a result, a good portion of non-compete agreements could be invalidated, because their scope is too wide and contrary to state law. Non-solicitation agreements, however, are generally enforceable.

The devil is in the details and to figure out if your non-compete agreement is properly drafted, within the permitted scope of the law, the agreement needs to be reviewed. In addition, since non-solicitation agreements are mostly enforceable, yours needs to be reviewed to make sure you will not be in violation of it.

The review is not costly and should take less than two hours including a detailed telephone conversation with you. Contact me directly. Looking forward.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/20, 5:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New Jersey