Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I have a 3 family home whit my sister I own 2/3 my father has a life astate can I get out by making her buy it or sell it

Asked on 5/03/13, 12:10 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Yes, you can. I have done several of these kinds of situations, and you can get the property sold, and get your money out of it. I will explain this all to you.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 12:15 pm
Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

I would be glad to meet with you and explain your options . Please call my office for an appontment.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 12:25 pm
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

You can bring an action for partition which will accomplish this, but understand it will not terminate the life estate, which could have a serious impact on sales price or the ability to sell it.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey