Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

Childcare by Grandmother

My mom is getting a subsidized two bedroom apartment & my 10 yr old daugherter will be living with her most of the time while I work and travel. The office adm have asked me for a legal certification of said agreement between my mom and I. Which form should I use and will I need an attorney's letterhead on form? Thanks.

Asked on 10/03/06, 7:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Childcare by Grandmother

this is not a legal questoin, it is a matter of form. you should ask the complex exactly what type of documment they want adn in what form that will satisfy their needs. They are also looking to see if you pay her becausee that will chhange her qualifications

Read more
Answered on 10/03/06, 8:09 pm
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Re: Childcare by Grandmother

I have read the other attorney's answer. I do not think it is correct.

You can give the power to act in your place to your mother using a 'power of attorney' in proper form. It is good for six months, then you do another one in exactly the same form. I have done this before. It should solve this issue, and should give your mom the power to get medical treatment for your girl, enroll her in school, and take actions that you as the mother would take if you were there.

Please contact me, I can do this for you easily and quickly, so it will not cost much money. I am in northern New Jersey. I will be happy to discuss this with you; the telephone consultation will be free.

My contact information can be obtained from the links below, just click on the Attorney Profile link. Let my secretary know you found me through LawGuru.

Disclaimer: Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. You can not rely on the statements made by an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/06, 8:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey