Legal Question in Social Security Law in New Jersey

Recently my 21 year old autistic nephew has come to live with me. He was living with his father who is addicted to opiates. The police were involved as well as Adult Protective Services. His father is the payee for his SSI. What do I need to do to remove his father as payee

Asked on 3/30/18, 5:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randall Selagy F. Randall Selagy, P.C.

Go to your local SSA office with your nephew (if possible) and tell them what you have said here. Be prepared with proof of your allegations that police & APS was involved. Demand an accounting of his benefits from his payee father. Be prepared for red tape.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/18, 6:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in New Jersey