Legal Question in Social Security Law in New Jersey

My sons father passed away. He was not on the birth certificate and I never received child support. How do I go about proving he is his father, to Social Security. His family does not talk to me, so I can't even ask for DNA sample from the sister.

Asked on 1/22/18, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randall Selagy F. Randall Selagy, P.C.

Social Security should recognize such a child if it can be shown that the child is the deceased father's heir under state law. You need to hire a New Jersey lawyer who understands these issues, then contact the SSA.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/18, 2:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in New Jersey