Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

My husband is having an issue with his license. He went to get one we live in PA and was told he was suspended in NJ since 1986 and had no idea. The tickets range from 2003 back to 1985. I am not sure how these tickets are there since he has been to court about another ticket that he fought since it belonged to someone else who has the same name. At that time he was told his record was clean and this was only about 3 or 4 years ago. Not sure what to do because it is causing a huge problem for us right now.

Asked on 7/17/15, 3:38 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

The first thing for your husband to do is to go to a Motor Vehicle Commission station (someone will need to drive him there because his license is suspended in NJ) and ask for a print out of his driving record. That will tell you all of the municipalities where he is alleged to have a motor vehicle violation. He will then need to get a date in each Municipal Court and attempt to resolve each issue. If it is not him that got the tickets, he will need to convince the Prosecutor in each community of that fact. The bottom line is that he will need to resolve every one of the alleged violations to get his drivers license status back into good standing. It is best to have an attorney to assist him in that regard. Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. You will only be able to rely on advice from an attorney who you have actually retained. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 7/17/15, 7:20 pm
Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Hire an experienced attorney to get things straight. You can call me at 201/342/7933.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/15, 5:21 am

I handle these matters all the time in NJ and PA. It is something that can be sorted out and unravelled. Call my cell phone at 215 370 2608. Let's talk about it.

give me his DL number, and date of birth.

It may not be as complicated as you think.Are You in Easton? My son went to Lafayette.

Best wishes

Saul Segan Esq

I'll be around all day.

Call me,

Read more
Answered on 7/18/15, 5:30 am

Waiting to hear from you.


215 370 2608

Read more
Answered on 7/18/15, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey