Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

I received a ticket for wreckless driving in NJ, the officer wrote my plate down and then mailed the ticket to my home. My mother is the registered owner of the vehicle, therefore it came in her name. Also, he didn't provide the correct model of my vehicle, instead he wrote "wagon". Is there any way for us to fight this and have it dismissed? My mom went to court and I didn't (cause it was for her and we wanted to play it that way), but the officer showed up and told the judge that he didn't mean to write the ticket for my mom and that it was for her daughter(me). The judge told my mom to get a lawyer and we have a new court date. What can we do, if anything? I don't mind taking responsibility for the ticket, if i have to, but i feel like it had no merit cause he sent it in the mail, with wrong information. Can this ticket be void?

Asked on 6/25/13, 1:13 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

This is what lawyers do, look at a case carefully and fight for the client.

I suggest you call my office, come in and see me, and I will fight to get the ticket against your mother dismissed. But there are one or two important things that you should know about this, which I will explain in person.

No charge for the office consultation. After I speak with your mother, she can decide what she would like to do. If she hires me, I would charge for defending her. But there is no charge for the first office visit.

I am right up Route 80 about fifteen minutes from you.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 1:21 pm

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

I have handled numerous tickets such as this. Please call my office and I will explain everything to you.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 1:26 pm
Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices

It is a 5 point ticket and there are ways to approach it. I have handled many reckless driving tickets over the years as have the other lawyers who are answering this question. I would be interested in speaking to you about it and have several ideas on how to handle it. Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to speak to you and your mother about the situation. 201 342 5030 I never charge a fee to merely to discuss someone's case. I look forward to speaking to you.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 6:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey