Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

First time to get a speeding ticket. What do i do? The cop wrote 52 on a 40.

help please

Asked on 11/26/12, 1:16 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

Marc Greenberg Law Office of David Watkins

This is a 2 point ticket with about $130 in total fines and court costs. If you do not want to dispute it then go to the Municipal court and pay the ticket. If you want to dispute it and potentially attempt a no-point ticket you can hire an attorney or fight it yourself.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 1:21 pm

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

there are several options: first you can plea bargain to reduce the speed and reduce the points;if you have a clean record you can ask for a zero point ticke and pay a higher fine. My suggestion is that you call me and I will advise you.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 1:21 pm
David Polsky Law Offices of David W. Polsky


This ticket carries two points- YOu can pay this ticket on line, and avoid the Court date, but by doing so you will have 2 points charged to your record (both for DMV and Insurance purposes)

IF you wish to avoid the points, this can be reduced to a 0 point ticket, but it carries a higher fine (about $425).

IF you chose to go for a 0 point option, our Law Firm handles this type of matter for a reasonable flat fee.

Please feel free to call me to discuss this further at 973 686-9787


Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 3:04 pm
Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Call me.

Gary Moore

Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 4:55 pm
Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices

You already know that it carries 2 points because it is only 12 miles over, I would contact the Court and say you want to plead not guilty. Go to Court and speak to the Municipal Prosecutor and see what he or she is willing to do. If you cannot work it out where they agree to reduce it to zero points then call a lawyer. again you can attempt to initially defend yourself or contact an attorney either way, I would not just pay it unless you can deal with the 2 points, please feel free to call if you want, (201)-342-5030

Read more
Answered on 11/27/12, 5:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey