Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

my grandchildren were left with an inheritance from their grandparents making the uncle the trustee of it. however the uncle died & left no will. how can the children now get their money due them? the parents are divorced & the mother is deceased. the maternal grandmother is the legal guardian.

Asked on 9/26/12, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Duffy Duffy Law, LLC

The court would appoint a substitute trustee. If the will provides for the appointment of a substitute, the court shall follow the will. If there are no provisions, the court would appoint the most suitable substitute. An attorney can ensure the most appropriate substitute is appointed in either case.

If you would like to discuss your matter further over a free and confidential phone consult, please contact me at your convenience.

Our firm offers a free consultation.


Michael J. Duffy

Duffy Law, LLC


[email protected]

Please note: The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on specific facts or circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/12, 8:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey