Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

As poa can I make changes to my mothers will if dementia has set in

Asked on 6/30/13, 11:56 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

The answer depends on the language contained in the POA, you will need to hire an attorney to review the document for you. My phone number appears below should you wish to call to make an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 4:42 pm

Ronald Cappuccio Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax)

The answer is a straight forward "no." That is why I encourage clients to set-up a trust while the person is still competent.

Good luck!

Ron Cappuccio

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 8:28 pm
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Maybe, it depends upon language in POA. Usually the answer is no, but there may be limited authority to do something. The POA has to be reviewed.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey