Legal Question in Workers Comp in New Jersey

My friend was injured accidentally by a partner at one job (volunteering, actually). This injury has resulted in fractured, crushed and dislocated bones in her hand / fingers. Due to this accident, she is unable to perform at this volunteer job AND her primary job, which is her only source of income. Will her worker's compensation for the volunteer job be obligated to cover lost wages for her sole-income-source job while she recovers, which potentially involves surgery at this point? Thank you.

Asked on 11/21/10, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam L. Rothenberg Levinson Axelrod, P.C.

I would strongly suggest that your friend seek an in person or phone free consultation. There are facts that are missing that make the question difficult to answer correctly. Worker's compnesation will typically only cover the wages from the job that she was working on. There may be exceptions. Additionally, there may be a way to recover for the injuries otherwise. Also, WC does provide for permanancy awards, which an attorney can help with. We have 4 attorneys who only practice WC. Please feel free to call at 800-34-NJ-LAW

Read more
Answered on 12/04/10, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in New Jersey