Legal Question in Workers Comp in New Jersey

dont know what to do

i was injured on my job ,the 13th of this month will make it 1 month that i have been claims person keeps telling me hes going to call my dr.and have me released back to work.what rights does he have to rush me back to work ?

Asked on 6/12/05, 11:16 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Blair Lane, Sr Earp Cohn, P.C.

Re: dont know what to do

Sounds like you are getting the run around from your employer and the insurance company and the only way to get the benefits you are entitled to is to hire a lawyer who can fight for your rights which are:

In New Jersey, any employee, (even if you are a construction worker, secretary or injured in a car accident while working), injured at work, regardless of fault, may be entitled to three benefits:

1. Free medical care;2. Pay while unable to work; and 3. A cash settlement for loss of function caused by the work-related injury.

If you have a doctor´┐Żs note which says you cannot work or can only work with restrictions, and work has no light duty work, you are entitled to receive temporary disability benefits. If you are not paid the medical and temporary benefits that you are entitled to, my office can file a Motion with the Court to attempt to compel these benefits.

Please contact be for a free no-obligation consultation. There are no attorney fees unless you get a recovery. The insurance companies have lawyers - you should have one to protect your rights.

Blair C. Lane, Sr., Esquire, is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey and the

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and has represented injured workers for more than 15 years. The information contained in this response is intended to provide general information regarding a general legal question. This information contained in the response is not to be construed as legal advice and you should not rely upon any information as legal advice. Legal advice can only be obtained through a complete consultation with my office or an attorney admitted to practice law in your State. Any information obtained through this response should not be deemed to create any attorney/client relationship.

Please contact me for a free initial consultation.

Blair C. Lane, Sr. Attorney at Law

Two Split Rock Drive

Suite 5

Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

Telephone: 856-489-4353

Facsimile: 856-489-4363

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Web Site:

Read more
Answered on 6/12/05, 7:51 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

Re: dont know what to do

The doctor they are sending you to is licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey, but he also works at least indirectly for the insurance company. On the one hand the insurance claims person can't demand that the doctor send you back to work if you are too sick to work. On the other hand the doctor may feel obligated to send you back to work on light duty, if the company has any for you. In addition to free medical care, you are entitled to receive temporary disability payments equal to 70% of your base pay for the period of time the doctor keeps you totally out of work. Finally, you are also entitled to receive a permanent disability award if you don't get 100% better. I am an attorney who has handled hundreds of workers compensation cases in various courts in New Jersey in the past. I would like to discuss your case with me in more detail. I can be reached at 908-272-0111. There is never any charge for simply talking about a case with me. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 6/13/05, 10:00 am

Re: dont know what to do

Your doctor is the only person that can return you to work. The claims person, however, will try to put pressure on the doctor. Hopefully, the doctor will not cave in. You need to speak with a workers' compensation attorney. We can help and our consultations are free.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/05, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in New Jersey