Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

Need change to supervised visitation only

Divorced:5 months ago I (mother)have full legal custody of our children:girl 4, boy 2. Divorce due to habitual lying &adultery by father.

He has visitation 1 wknd/mo 10am-7pm (no overnight)

Due to repeated violations of the agreement, his increasing hostility and anger when we must interact,

& that he regularly speaks very negatively to the children about

me, fabricating absurd things, & telling them they ''Must not tell mama anything we did while you're with me!'' I have come to believe that it would be in the children--name removed--best interest to have supervised visitation only. Last Sun eve, when I arrived to pick the children up after their day together, he came to the door furious about perceived slights to ''his rights'' (which were untrue), w/ swearing & foul language at me (& my mother, who came w/me), saying, ''No! I am not giving the kids back to you! Get out of here!more of same, then lunging to grab my 2yr old from my arms (hearing me at the door, he had run out to me). I handed child over fence to my mother,asked her to call 911. At this,the father ran back in, came out w/my petrified

5yr old daughter- ''Get out of here now!'' +explit..

He is not stable. Will a judge grant change to supervised visitation?

Asked on 3/06/09, 12:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: Need change to supervised visitation only

Perhaps you should explore supervised exchanges.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/09, 10:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico