Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New Mexico

i am a hitchhiker/traveler/transient i have run into numerous dangerous situatuions in my travels i was wondering if i could buy a gun in the state i currently live in and have it registered in my name and when i start traveling again keep it in my hiking pack i know under the homeless act of 1994 if u have a lock on your bag it is considered your home and therefore a warrant is needed to search it would that same law give u the right to travel with a firearm if it were under lock and key?

Asked on 9/24/12, 8:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

If you intend to carry a concealed firearm, you must have a permit in each state in which you carry it. Some states allow permits from other states, some don't. Since you have computer access, check the online status of the states in which you intend to travel. There is no other way for you to legally keep a firearm concealed. You must have a permit and comply with the laws of every state in which you carry it concealed.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/12, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New Mexico