Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New Mexico

personal loan

I lent $2000.00 to a friend. there was no contract involved. we agreed on payments. she has only made one and owes me 1900.00. can i take her to court and possibly get my money back? what is the process. and what is the statute of limitations?

Asked on 1/13/05, 4:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: personal loan

Check out your local small claims or district court. They should have forms you can fill out, but come prepared with proof of the debt. You might be able to garnish her bank account or paycheck.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/05, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New Mexico