Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Mexico

extradition laws

my ex husband was issued warrant in florida about 7 months ago for attemting to buy cocain.and for abattery charge he since then is clean held a job got drug treatment etc,when he moved to new mexico he was arrested in nm for the fl warrant yesterday hes going to be in jail for 10 days the said at his arrainment till fl gets him what happens if fl doesnt get him in 10 days??what are his rightys in fl if they do get him?ty

Asked on 1/27/05, 9:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: extradition laws

FL has 30 days within which to file the necessary papers and pick him up. That time can be extended another 30 days for good cause. If they don't do it in that time, the law requires he be set free. If they do it properly, he can be returned to FL to stand trial on the charges for which the warrant was issued.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/05, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Mexico