Legal Question in DUI Law in New Mexico

My son went to an arraignment for aggravated DWI today and the judge forgot to ask him for a plea. Is this an issue for him, or for the courts, or does it not matter at all. We don't talk to his lawyer for two weeks.

Asked on 3/31/14, 5:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Simon A. Kubiak Simon A. Kubiak, Attorney at Law, P.C.

Sometimes the Judge will enter a not guilty plea for the defendant and set the matter for a pre-trial conference or a trial. If the Judge accepted a guilty plea at initial arraignment then the Defendant is sentenced and this could mean immediate remand to jail.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/14, 7:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Mexico