Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

do i have to divorce my husband to go after the other women for hurt my marriage?

Asked on 9/10/13, 6:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Chandler Chandler Law of Los Alamos

I doubt you can get legal recourse for someone "hurting your marriage," but you have a better chance of getting an answer if you post your question in the lawguru sections called "personal injury law" or "tort law." What used to be called "alienation of affections" was once a valid cause of action in some jurisdictions but I haven't heard of one for a long time.

A talk with a marriage counselor might be a good choice for you right now, to help you to see what your options might be in dealing with your problems with your husband.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 2:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico