Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

Yes I have a restaining order on me and on it my wife has custody of kids but she can accomidate it. I pick them up and take to school. Is this something i can bring up. There any other thing there's a statement that neither party shall transfer, hide, add debt to, sell or otherwise dispose of others property or the joint property. Parties shall account to the court for all such changes. Since the restaining order she taken 4700 from our joint account and hasn't paid any of the bills for the house is this legal should I get an attorney. Any other thing how does this work because I became the homemaker and she sole provider how can I get an attorney. Response would be greatly appreciated. Since I don't work yet will they take my children away and give to her.

Asked on 2/14/13, 3:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Chandler Chandler Law of Los Alamos

There's too much to your question for a simple answer, and some parts of it seem contradictory. I think you need to sit down with an attorney, or call Law Access New Mexico1-800-340-9771 for a telephone help line. Have the restraining order and any other court documents you have ready when you call.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 4:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico