Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

I see my son every other weekend. I pay child support and we had an agreed location to meet at and everything in court was filed . She asked me to meet her some place else other than where we supposed to . And said I could not see my son unless I could meet her at the new detestation . She said she moved. Is there anything I can do this is the second time she has defaulted on letting me see my son . My son is three years old . Can some one advise me ?

Asked on 5/06/13, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Chandler Chandler Law of Los Alamos

You do not say whether you have a court-ordered parenting plan. If so, you both are bound to abide by its provisions, unless you agree in writing signed by both of you to change it. You can enforce the parenting plan by filing a motion for an order to show cause why she should not be held in contempt. You can also show the plan to the police and have the police arder her to comply.

A better option than either of those is to negotiate a new plan that is mutually convenient and both of you sign it.

She cannot refuse to allow you to see your son if you go the ordered meeting place at the ordered time.

If you don't have a parenting plan in your court order you should petition the court to get one.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico