Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Mexico

I am a U.S citizen and I married my husband who is an illigal immigrant and his visa is expired,how do I make him a citizen?

Asked on 10/09/11, 10:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

If your husband entered legally on a visa, but then overstayed, and you are a US citizen, you should be able to file an I-130 and an I-1485 and he can likely adjust his status to a permanent resident (greencard holder) from here in the US. However, you may want to consult with an immigration attorney first, as there may be other considerations.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/11, 8:58 am

Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

You may be able to file for him to obtain a green card through his marriage to you, a U.S. Citizen. You should speak to an immigration attorney before filing anything to ensure that there are no grounds of inadmissibility that would prevent your husband from obtaining lawful permanent residence. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 10/13/11, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Mexico