Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

What is the first step to sell a joint owned property of 4siblings who have all agreed to sell said property

Asked on 2/23/13, 6:15 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

Paul Vaygen Law Offices of Paul A. Vaygen

Once a buyer is found, all 4 siblings must sign a contract of sale in their capacity as the sellers. When the parties are ready to close title, all 4 siblings must appear in person or by power of attorney at the closing to have the closing documents executed.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/13, 6:22 pm

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

The first step is to find a buyer for the house. Once that's accomplished, hire a lawyer to walk all of you through the process after that. Contact me If you need help finding an agent ot help you finding a buyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/13, 8:36 pm
Arnold Nager Arnold H. Nager, Esquire

Once you have found a buyer you will need an attorney to draft a contract of sale and walk you through the sales process.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/13, 7:59 am
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I agree with the other authors. Sometimes a broker is needed to obtain the Buyer, then a good real estate attorney can assist you through the process and the closing.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/13, 12:22 pm

Do you have a buyer? We have substantial experience handling these types of cases and very reasonable fees. However, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013


[email protected]

The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/13, 11:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York