Legal Question in Administrative Law in New York

My legal documents are in a mess per my first name. My current passport carries a shortened version of my first name as does my now expired NJ driver's license (don't drive anymore so didn't notice it was expiring plus I now live in NYC). The SSA knows me under my full legal first name. My social security card reflects that name.

To get my passport changed (previous versions had my full legal first name), I need a valid picture ID with my full name. I have a current job ID with my full name.

I NEVER changed my legal first name. I simply reverted to using the shortened version. When I went to the DMV they looked at my passport and said, "Fix this!!!. I've newer had a problem using it.

Where do I start? My birth certificate is nowhere to be found (it's foreign)

Asked on 8/17/21, 10:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

I can assist you with this. Please contact my office directly


Roman R. Fichman, Esq.

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/21, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in New York