Legal Question in Banking Law in New York

My girlfriend & I had a commitment ceremony & got checks written/endorsed to the both of us like John & Jane Doe.. she deposits it in her account & refuses to give me my half or ANY cash that was given to us. Is there anything I can do to get some of the money when she refuses to let me have a dime, is there anything I can do about that?

Asked on 9/25/17, 10:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Probably not. If the check is made payable to the both of you, then either person can legally cash the check. It's not entirely clear however; other factors may play a role in fully answering your question. A lawyer would need more details and you can't do that by email.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/17, 6:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in New York