Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New York

I'm owed $5,500 from a previous employer who has claimed bankruptcy. I made too much money to go to the labor dept hearing with the rest. Should I go to small claims court?

Asked on 9/22/16, 1:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Fakhoury Law Offices Michael Fakhoury

You can file a small claims action. City court small claim actions have a limit of $5000 so you will not be able to receive fully what you are owed.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/16, 5:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New York