Legal Question in Business Law in New York


I am a physician in practice as a PC. I am going to start a daycare for kids with a non physician partner. Can we start the daycare as a LLC? Also can I provide medical services to kids who get sick at the daycare, or could I see these patients since I am already a practicing physician in my PC?

Asked on 9/27/08, 9:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

Re: corporations

You may start the daycare as an LLC, although starting a daycare has specific governmental rules and regulations.

You may provide medical services to the children in daycare, subject to insurance and malpractice requirements.


Read more
Answered on 9/27/08, 9:17 am

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Legal Associates PLLC

Re: corporations

You can absolutely start an LLC, your licensure would not prevent such a venture.

As far as providing medical care, you are NOT bound to the confines of your specific medical practice in order to provide such services. However, the major thing to consider is your malpractice insurance coverage and what would they cover, or not cover... and where would they cover you... this is extremely important prior to going forward with this idea.

If you need any further assistance you may reach us at 212.709.8303

Read more
Answered on 9/27/08, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York