Legal Question in Business Law in New York

I financed some furniture to buy about a year ago from a small business in my neighborhood, after paying it off completely they continued to charge me a "rental" fee as if I rent the furniture and didn't purchase it. I signed paperwork however I never received a copy. I tried contacting the furniture store to get a copy however they refuse to give me the copy. Is the company legally required to give me a copy of the paperwork? Also, do I have a case if I take this to small claims court?

Asked on 6/15/20, 4:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

How are you paying the "rental fee?" Are you sending them a check, or direct withdrawal from your checking account?

Either way, stop paying the rental fee and I'm certain the store will call you. Then you'll be able to figure out what's going on.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/20, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York