Legal Question in Business Law in New York

I have an incorporated entity which purchased the assets of another incorporated entity. Included in the assets were two DBAs. I need to officially transfer them to my corporation with the New York Secretary of State. I have the original filing receipts from when the other corporation got the names. I also have my purchase agreement stating I purchased the assets. That said, how do I go about transferring the names? Is there a specific form for this? Thanks.

Asked on 11/02/13, 12:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You will need to file Amended Business Certificates.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/13, 3:05 pm

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking, DBAs are directly tied to their parent company and are not sold independently. It is possible to undo this connection and have you use the DBA but there is no one form to do it. The additional complication is that since you purchased assets of the company and not the company itself, you will likely require additional permissions and paperwork from the seller.

BTW, relatively speaking, this should not be an expensive endeavor and I can assist you with this.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/13, 10:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York