Legal Question in Business Law in New York

Hi i am kay, i am looing for advice on opening an nanny referral services at home. So my question is do i need any legal documents, licenses, permit etc. to get started? By the way i am in brooklyn new york.

Asked on 10/21/17, 10:17 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

That's a good question, especially because a "nanny referral service" might be (I would guess it is) regulated at either the City or State level. I think you're going to have to do a lot of your own research here; not many lawyers or accountants will have experience with this type of business. But you might get lucky.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/17, 2:39 pm
Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

If you are referring individuals for employment you would need to procure an employment agency license. But before, it is highly advised that a company be formed to limit your own personal liability in the event anything happens with any of the nannies you refer out. Forming a company will require filing with the state and enacting company resolutions and the relevant corporate documents.

If you need further assistance contact me directly.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/17, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York