Legal Question in Business Law in New York

I want to quit my job. I have commission payments i have not received yet. Will i be able to receive outstanding payments?

Asked on 4/22/20, 8:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

Why not? If they owe you the money then you have a right to it.

If you have a written agreement that addresses this then that has to be reviewed in light of all the facts and circumstances.

If you need clarification, I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss it in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 4/22/20, 9:05 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You need to check your employment agreement. It would be best if you waited until your commissions were paid before you quit. If this isn't possible you have to take a look at how much those commissions are versus the reasons you are quitting. If they don't pay the commissions there's not a lot you can do about it without going to court, and that can be expensive. You need to get your documents together and speak with a lawyer before you quit.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/20, 8:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York