Legal Question in Business Law in New York

Can I have someone who is undocumented with ITIN as a partner to form LLC?

Asked on 11/13/23, 12:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I don't recall seeing anything on the paperwork which has to be filed to form an LLC partnership which asks for someone's legal status as a US or New York resident. That's a good question. You may have problems somewhere down the road, but to get the company up and running you'll probably be okay.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/23, 11:15 am
Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking, for most companies, one does not have to be documented to own a company in the US. However, an undocumented person cannot work in the US even for their own company. There are some additional issues to be mindful of and they require a consultation because they depend on your and your partner's situation. Feel free to contact me directly.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq.

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/23, 1:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York