Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New York

my lawyer was supsended from practice I was never notified and now the only other attorney at the firm retired my case is at a critical point after a long three years what options do I have

Asked on 10/01/13, 7:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Notify the judge and ask him for time for you to find a new attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 8:16 am

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

I agree with the prior answer. However, in the meantime, there has to be someone who has custody of his open cases. Call his office to determine if an interim attorney or secretary can give you your file to take to the new attorney.

Also licensed in New York.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New York