Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New York

My mom broke up with her boyfriend and she has been trying to contact him to get his stuff and he blocked her number what can she do so she doesn't get into any trouble and how long does she have to wait to legally keep his stuff

Asked on 7/27/20, 11:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

She should box and move all of his possessions to a place where he can get them and then send him a letter by regular mail and confirmed delivery stating that his property is available for retrieval. She should give him at least 30 days to recover his property before they are considered abandoned.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/20, 4:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New York