Legal Question in Constitutional Law in New York

how to change your name to end in Sr.

I named my son after me. He has the same first, middle, and last name as me but we added jr. I want to know as Sr. so we don't ruin each others identity if it happens. My question is how do I become Sr? do I have to legally go change it or do I just adopt it and start using it. I have asked people that are Sr.'s and they said they just adopted it. What should I do?

Asked on 9/16/08, 8:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

Re: how to change your name to end in Sr.

You may change your name under Article 6 of the New York Civil Rights Law. The cost to change your name is reasonable and the procedure is fairly simple. Feel free to contact and retain my office to prepare and process the paperwork.


Read more
Answered on 9/17/08, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in New York